Saturday, March 15, 2008

Making Bread

Pretty much every bread has some sort of soy or dairy in it. The only bread I have found that I can eat is $4.00 a loaf (a small loaf) at Whole Foods. I really like bread so this past week I have been trying my hand at making it myself. I really enjoy making bread - somehow it just tastes better when you have made it yourself. Plus, it makes your house smell really yummy! But I don't like all the time that it involves. Mix the dough, kneed the dough, let it rise, kneed it again, rise some more, then finally bake it. I thought about buying a bread machine, but hear from so many people that they never actually use theirs. Since this whole thing is about saving money I decided against it.

I made some white bread a couple days ago. It was tasty, but not worth the effort to be an everyday bread. Today I tried this and I think we have a winner! My only complaint is that the loaf is half gone already and I just pulled it out of the oven 30 minutes ago. Try it if you get a chance.

No comments: