Monday, June 1, 2009

Patience

Last night as I was getting Addie ready for bed she decided that one of the books she wanted to read was the "Baby Book." The Baby Book is about 150 pages long and it doesn't really have a story, it is just a collection of pictures. We finished getting on pajamas and sat down to read.

Addie turns to me and says, "Mommy, are you going to skip some pages?"

To which I respond, "Yes, probably. It is a very long book, so we will just read some of it."

"But Mommy," she says, "you just have to be patient and read each page. Does that sound like a plan?"

3 comments:

love, learning and yarn said...

Isn't it the best when they start using our lessons against us? I also love it when my kids "teach" their toys things that we've taught them. My kids would have said I needed to persevere like the turtle :)

susannah said...

Very clever Addie. I love it! How can you argue with that?!

Anna said...

Lol! Hear yourself in there somewhere? :D