Saturday, April 13, 2013

God bless Texas

For the past 7 years we've called Texas home.  For the most part, we have really enjoyed living here.  The main problem we have with it, though, is that we are so far from family.  So the time has come to make our way back up north.  

Chances are we will be moving this summer.  There are lots of things that I will miss about Texas.  Not having to scrape ice off of my windshield is probably top of my list.  I'll also miss the humidity - not the middle of the summer, 98 degrees, 95% humidity type days - but the cool winter and spring days, when it is in the 70s or 80s and the humidity makes your skin feel amazingly soft.  I love how people say "no sir" and "yes ma'am."  I love how everyone is so proud of their state.  I'll miss the trees - I love my drive to work, with huge trees on either side of the road.

One tradition that Texans have is bluebonnet pictures.  Bluebonnets are the state flower of Texas and, every spring when they bloom, people go out to open fields and take pictures of their children in the bluebonnets.  For some reason, we've never done it until this year.  Now that I know we will likely be moving, I'm trying to fit in as many "Texas" things as I can.  So, without further ado... our bluebonnet pictures...










No comments: