Sunday, February 28, 2010

My planned garden

One of my goals this summer is to plant a garden. I know I won't have much time to dedicate to my garden since I'll be so busy with school, so it will won't be anything fancy. I'm hoping, though, for maybe just a few tomato and zucchini plants. Hey, if even one plant survives I'll be happy. We just have so much space out here and it seems like such a waste not to have a garden.

Addie loves the idea of a garden and was helping me the other day decide where we would plant the seeds. I asked her what we should grow in the garden. Her response?

"Well, I think we should grow some of those flowers that you blow."

"You mean those yellow flowers that turn into puff-balls?" I replied.

"Yes, that's what I mean. We should grow those."

I'm pretty sure that I can grow dandelions, so I am relieved that even if the garden turns out to be a flop Addie will be happy.


No comments: