Tuesday, December 2, 2008

sad day

We had a really tough morning, everyone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, sharing was hard, and both girls wanted all of my attention all of the time. To make matters worse, Addie decided that she wasn't going to fall asleep and Charlotte decided to wake up 10 minutes after I put Addie in her room for her attepted nap. So no break for me.

After "nap" time we went outside to play. All of our morning troubles seemed to be a thing of the past. Everyone was happy. And then Addie heard the ice cream truck.

Addie: "Mom, do we have enough money for ice cream?"

I usually tell her we don't have enough money when she asks, but today she was so cute and I wanted to keep the happy mood, so I started to consider it. She obviously caught me hesitation because she got a HUGE smile on her face.

Addie: "We have money inside! It's in your closet!"

Okay, I'll cave. We run inside, grab some money and race back outside to find the ice cream truck. Addie jumps on her bike and races to the end of the block as fast as her little legs could take her. But it was gone. We were too slow.

She doesn't seem too traumatized about it, we had some string cheese when we got back home. Maybe Daddy will bring some ice cream home.

1 comment:

proudmamablogga said...

Some days just hit you like that. Hopefully she got something yummy.